What is the 2017 Opioid and Heroin Mississippi Drug Summit?
- The Summit is a conference aimed at informing the community about the growing epidemic of opioid and heroin abuse in the state of Mississippi.
- Men and women in various career fields will be educated on the role that they play in fighting this epidemic.
- Addicts and families of addicts will be offered support and guidance in taking steps toward rehabilitation.
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists
- Advocates, families, and people in recovery
- Law enforcement personnel
- Public health and prevention officials
- Federal, state, and local officials and lawmakers
- Education specialists and researchers
- Treatment center owners and operators
- Lawyers, judges, and drug court officials
- General Public
Sam Quinones- Featured Speaker
Sam Quinones is a journalist, storyteller, former LA Times reporter, and author of three acclaimed books of narrative nonfiction.
His most recent book is Dreamland: The True Tale of America’s Opiate Epidemic by Bloomsbury Press.